Conflicts of “Of Mice And Men”

          One of my conflicts is that Lennie is very dependent on George. I think this may be important in the future because in can result in something big. Ever since the book started, you could see Lennie being dependent on George. It is a bit weird since Lennie is bigger and tougher than George. Along the story, Lennie seems to be almost nothing without George. When Lennie, got into a fight with Curley, he didn’t don anything until George told him it was okay to hit Curley. “George,” he cried. “Make ‘um let me alone, George.” “George was on his feet yelling, “Get him, Lennie. Don’t let him do it.” As you can see, Lennie was getting battered by Curley, and still didn’t do anything until George told him to. This could come as a consequence. Thinking ahead, George may become very annoyed with Lennie, practically seeing him as a burden. This could later result in a possible fight, or even death!

          Another of my conflicts is that Crooks isn’t treated fairly. Crooks is an African-American stable worker. He isn’t treated equally though. When Crooks asked the crew to go see the ranch, the didn’t let him. In page 68, Crooks says, “I ain’t wanted in the bunkhouse’ Lennie then asks “Why ain’t you wanted?” Crooks responds, “ Cause I’m black. They play cards in there, but I cant play because I’m black. They say I stink.” It is sad to see the prejudice and racism of those times. I think that since Crooks isn’t treated equally, he might become annoyed and tell them how he feels. This could lead into other events such as another fight, or someone dying. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quarter 2 Reflections

Exploring Nonfiction Reader Response

Book Club Blog